At Floor Coverings International, we are well-versed when it comes to answering customer questions about which flooring type will work best for their home. While there are certainly endless flooring possibilities, not every flooring type is ideal for your space and your lifestyle. Once such flooring type that has some advantages and disadvantages is tile & stone flooring, which can be a beautiful addition, but it does have some drawbacks. Here are some pros and cons worth considering:
- PRO – Tile & stone flooring is incredibly durable and may easily outlast other flooring options in your home.
- CON – You may need to do more maintenance on tile & stone flooring, but this can be managed with proper sealing.
- CON – Costly repairs could put a dent in your budget should you need to repair or replace some of your tile & stone flooring.
- PRO – Tile & stone flooring is eco-friendly since it is sourced from natural materials, and you may even be able to find a local stone resource.
- CON – Variations in tile and stone options may cause your flooring to have a unique look and feel, versus the continuous style and color of manufactured materials.
- PRO – Adding tile & stone flooring can increase the value of your home overall, making it well worth the investment.
Perhaps the best part about tile & stone flooring is that with proper maintenance and care, it can last multiple lifetimes. With a variety of styles and colors to choose from, this important feature can enhance any living space in your home. If you are interested in learning more about this and our other flooring products at Floor Coverings International, contact us today to schedule a consultation.